fromthelifeofpeachy

Been through a lot but that doesn't stop me from hoping, dreaming, loving & living. Still quests for wisdom, still thirts for knowledge, still believes that the best things are yet to come. Concerned with pushing boundaries of self-discovery. Execises power through emotion, instinct, intellect & love. Not a natural socializer but keeps friendship in an entire lifetime. Dominating but can accept some restrictions in order to win in the end. A power house of pride & self-will. Passive-aggressive.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

De-Cluttered

I’ve attended Lyka’s 7th birthday (my friend’s daughter) last night @ at a place so far from mine’s. But heck, who cares? I still have an inner child with me. I still enjoy watching kids running to & fro, eating their chocolates or ice creams (which’s somehow good for the soul). How I wish I’d never grown.

A fellow visitor surprisingly asked me (of all questions, huh!) "How is your heart, my dear?" I was a bit stunned…

Aired with confidence, I answered her, "fine & de-cluttered…"

Finally, I had the courage to dump all those "stuff" accumulated through the years. The frustrations, annoyances, fears, anger, apathy, compromises (name it..I have it…) piled up inside me. Sadly, I tolerated it for quite some time.

Apparently, so much had happened in the past:

I’ve known death and birth;

I’ve been brave and scared;

I’ve hurt, I’ve helped;

I’ve been honest, I’ve lied;

I’ve destroyed, I’ve created;

I’ve been with people, I’ve been lonely;

I’ve been loyal, I’ve betrayed;

I’ve decided, I’ve waffled;

I’ve laughed and I’ve cried.

Gone were my frail heart & my frayed history-

And now, another day begins…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home