fromthelifeofpeachy

Been through a lot but that doesn't stop me from hoping, dreaming, loving & living. Still quests for wisdom, still thirts for knowledge, still believes that the best things are yet to come. Concerned with pushing boundaries of self-discovery. Execises power through emotion, instinct, intellect & love. Not a natural socializer but keeps friendship in an entire lifetime. Dominating but can accept some restrictions in order to win in the end. A power house of pride & self-will. Passive-aggressive.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Choice vs Destiny

A subject that seems to come up regularly in our lives but often we’re asking, ‘is there such thing as destiny?’

‘Coz if there is, I probably missed mine….

Does choice means ‘the direction that if carefully followed will bring us greatest happiness.’

But how if it’ll caused you hapiness but will caused hurt to others?

Would you still pursue it? Would you follow your path?

At one point in my life, I thought I found my destiny but I was goofed off with all the outcries in my head.

Later, when things got dummied up, I realized my mistake but then ‘twas late…too much late.

Of course, I could be wrong bout that.

Maybe, I never found my destiny or maybe it’s still out there waiting to be found.

Although I have to say if that’s the case it’s certainly done a good job of hiding.

We believed there’s destiny. And that one can attain through choices or maybe chance occurences.

Destiny is something to which a person or thing is destined.

Destiny implies that there is some Power which decrees or determines the course of events beforehand. In this view there is no chance or choice left.

Some maintain that destiny is ultimately what you arrive at in your life.

And for those who believe in destiny, fate is the principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to as they are or events to happen as they do.

Fate and destiny are therefore related causally; therefore one who believes in destiny has to believe in fate.

In destiny there is nothing random, there is no chance, nor there is any choice because, by definition, it is all preordained.

Destiny is not a matter of choice and chance but it is a matter of faith.

Strictly speaking, the words ‘choice’, chance and ‘destiny’ are antipodes of each other.

It is not destiny but choice and chance that determine the course and achievements of life.

While choice, or free will, needs availability of alternatives for any thought, and/ or action from which one can choose.

The question about choice is, if you rewind time and played it over would things happen the same way?

So the next time you do something or make a choice ask yourself could it have been any other way.

“Destiny is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. However as a concession I would say that, ‘what we meet in life is destiny; and how we meet it is our choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home